Keeping safe during the COVID-19 pandemic
At Colesview Guesthouse we aim to make your stay as safe as we can during the COVID-19 pandemic. To this end we have put in place the protections below and we ask all our guests to follow these safety regulations responsibly. We would like to keep you, our other guests and our staff as safe as possible.
We follow the guidance set out by the TBCSA – the Tourism Business Council of South Africa – in their document entitled “COVID-19 Protocols for Tourism Industry Operation”.
All our rooms have separate external entrances so you do not have to share access with other guests.
We are ‘resting’ rooms between uses so you may not be allocated the room you requested online. You will, however, be allocated a room with a similar layout or upgraded.
Making and paying for your booking
- To make the check-in process quicker and with as little contact as possible, we request an EFT payment in advance
- You will be asked to complete a medical declaration form as issued by the Tourist Business Council of South Africa, which is required to be filled in by each guest. Please print and fill in as much detail as possible in advance, otherwise, we will give you forms to fill in on arrival.
What to expect when you arrive
- A temperature check will be required of each guest on arrival.
- Please sanitize your hands on arrival and on returning to the guest house from going to collect food,supermarket etc. Hand sanitizer is available at reception and in all rooms.
- Please adhere to physical distancing (1.5-2.0m) in all public areas of the guest house.
- It is compulsory to wear a mask in all areas of the guest house except your guest bedroom and when eating/drinking. If you arrive without a mask, face masks are available for purchase at reception for R10.00 per mask. Only one per person.
- Under the advice of the TBCSA, we have taken unnecessary décor items eg scatter cushions,vases etc, that are difficult to sanitise, out of the rooms, therefore our rooms, although still comfortable, may not be as tastefully decorated as normal.
- Internal communal areas like our guest lounge and dining room are closed so we are unable to offer sit down breakfasts but breakfast hampers are available for takeaway on request. R70.00 per person.